Plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive campus safety protocols, policies and procedures.
- Lead, mentor and develop full and part-time department staff members
- Assess staff scheduling and needs and make any needed changes or recommendations.
- Conduct a written audit of organizational safety, security and emergency planning, response, and recovery protocols, and update annually as necessary.
- Conduct a written audit of current campus safety technology infrastructure including cameras, access control, and integrated systems with local emergency responders and provide any necessary written recommendations to improvement of current systems; manage the ongoing use of these systems.
- Conduct annual review of Campus Emergency Operations Plan and update as necessary.
Transition current law enforcement model to a campus safety and security education, prevention, and awareness model.
- Create a written plan for the transition to a campus safety and security model including campus safety awareness education and training.
- Assess need for, and if appropriate, convene and lead a cross-functional Campus Safety Committee based on best practice model for school campuses.
- Measure and improve effectiveness of awareness and training programs over time.